The STIDD Diver Propulsion Device (DPD) is the most widely used military-grade underwater mobility platform in the world. With hundreds of units in operation by maritime forces, the DPD offers combat swimmers a NAVSEA 9310 certified, ANU listed, underwater mobility system which is proven, fast, robust and reliable.
Depending on the mission and conditions, operators may need different combinations of speed, range, and payload capacity. STIDD now offers an expanded lineup of 3 different DPD models that will fit any profile. All models have the same proven and reliable standard DPD dimensions and US Navy Certifications.
- NAVSEA 9310 Certified
- Approved for US Navy Use (ANU Listing)
- Under contract to USMC, US Army, USSOCOM, and many International SOF Maritime Units
- DPD now has over an 80 meter Operating Depth!
- The STIDD Recon-Navigation System (RNAV) for the DPD now has Doppler capability!
The STIDD Diver Propulsion Device (DPD) is the most widely used military-grade underwater mobility platform in the world. The DPD enables divers to travel farther and faster with more payload than previously possible with any other diver propulsion device.
Standard DPD – Extended Range
With the addition of a second High Capacity “MUSCLES” Lithium-Ion Battery System, the Standard DPD with Extended Range Option effectively doubles the Range.
- 200% the Range of a Standard DPD
- Two Batteries Required
- Same Dimensions & Certifications as Standard DPD
Dual Thruster DPD-XT
The DPD with Dual Thruster (DPD-XT) provides operators not only additional speed and range, but also two independently redundant propulsion systems. The DPD-XT maintains all of the Standard DPD’s exterior dimensions and certifications. The DPDXT utilizes two (2) standard DPD batteries which power two (2) standard DPD thrusters. For missions that require extended speed and range, the Dual Thruster DPD is an ideal platform.
- 33% Faster than Standard DPD
- Redundant propulsion improves mission saftey
- Twin high efficiency, low noise direct drive DC thruster motors with high Bollard thrust Kort nozzles
- Two Batteries
- Additional towing capacity: easily tows 3-4 divers with full load